Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Word on Tea Parties

I have not had much to say about this movement, as I have not attended. My co-blogger attended her second tea party, in Fort Worth, last night -- taking along her kids for good measure. Unfortunately, I had a conflict.

Nonetheless, I would note that those people talking about how insignificant these events are have certainly expended a considerable amount of bandwidth trying to convince the rest of us that they don't matter. If these are really overly publicized, inconsequential events appealing to fringe elements, why go to so much trouble to dismiss them?

This movement may go places, and the fun part of it is that the Republican leadership doesn't control it because they didn't start it. There certainly is a danger of populist demagoguery running amok, but if the movement stays on track, this could be the start of something that matters.

I hope to be at the next one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lanette said...

I'll try to make sure of it.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home