Saturday, February 28, 2009

Prince of Thieves

When candidate Barack Obama famously told Joe the Plumber that he intended to spread the wealth around, he wasn't kidding.

The income tax proposal put forward by the President radically expands the use of the tax code as an instrument for taking money from one set of taxpayers and redistributing it to others.

As reported by the Associated Press, a typical family earning as much as $50,000 would not owe any income tax and, in fact, would receive a small check from the government. These get called refunds, but is that the right term when nothing was paid in?

$50,000 is close to the median household income in the United States.

Someone has said that the downfall of democracy would come when 51% of the people realized that they could make the other 49% pay for everything.

We may be approaching our downfall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home