Saturday, December 20, 2008

The NFL Network

I don't normally receive the NFL Network as part of my cable package, but tonight's game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Baltimore Ravens was simulcast on a locally available station so I was able to watch. As someone who is used to the football broadcasts of the regular networks, I was shocked at how bad the production values of the NFL Network are.

I found the announcers to be tolerable, but the camera work was substandard, with the camera angles frequently entirely inadequate to be able to see the play develop. Graphics content was nonexistent.

To compare the broadcast to football telecasts from the 1960's would unfairly denigrate those who worked with the technology that was available 50 years ago. The NFL has a reputation for quality in most of what it does. That they broadcast a product that is this substandard is indeed surprising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home