Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Magnetizing Souls

Yesterday MCO had announced our engagement. It truly is more than just an exciting occasion for the two of us. Daily I am amazed more by our differences than by our similarities. For those of you who know MCO, or could make a guess by his posts, he is very straight-laced and traditional, but he is also quite witty and fun. However, if I tried to explain in what sense he’s fun, many might give me a puzzling look and wonder if I have lost my mind.

While on the one hand I am quite stable with a growing career, two children, and own home, and very independent, I am also prone to flights of fancy. I have a tendency to gravitate towards unstable people and calling them my best friends. I prefer solitude to crowds, but I have been known to find myself in bizarre situations because of the people I am with, such as chasing down a group of Hare Krishnas when I was 20 (don’t ask).

I write fiction, love fantasy, and see the magic and hear the music of ordinary life. I have a tendency towards naïveté because of my idealistic nature. I love philosophy and intellectual musings. My blogging partner is also an intellectual, which is one of the many things I love about him, but he’s the realist to my idealist. He prefers politics to philosophy. However, he’s amazing in that he appreciates even that which he doesn’t understand. Together the two of us can look at the same thing and have two different experiences and reactions, but only with the other can we even see the whole picture. I am not at all surprised someone like him loves me, but I have not gotten over the shock that someone like him exists.

2 Comments:

Blogger MCO said...

Straight laced and traditional?

Really, I am a wild and crazy guy.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lanette said...

If you say so, dear.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home