Saturday, February 02, 2008

My Thoughts Exactly

Jonah Goldberg explains why, though John McCain is not his first choice in the Republican primaries, he disagrees with the fervent anti-McCain hysteria now common among conservative pundits.

But this disaster talk leaves me cold. McCain wouldn't be my first pick. Then again, none of the candidates were really my first pick. But I think the notion that, variously, conservatism, the country or the party are doomed if he's the nominee or the president is pretty absurd.

Read the rest here.

There is certainly a great deal for conservatives to disagree with Mr. McCain about. However, those who want to paint the Arizona Senator as a flagrant liberal ignore the fact that his lifetime American Conservative Union rating is over 80%.

Hat Tip: Abramson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home