Tuesday, January 01, 2008

If I Were Running....

2008 will mark the third presidential election for which The Oracle was constitutionally qualified to seek the highest office in the land. Alas, my name will not appear on the ballot in any state, and I would expect that trend to continue for the remainder of my lifetime.

Nonetheless, over the course of the next couple of weeks, I will set forth a number of posts outlining what my campaign priorities and positions would be if I were actually running. In so doing, I hope to lay out a consistent philosophy of governance that would be workable in the real world. I hope that readers will benefit from these posts. I am certain that I will benefit from the discipline of writing them.

The issues to be dealt with in the coming posts are as follows (as I write them, I will add links):

Iraq and the war on terrorism
The size and reach of government
Health care
Education
Taxes and the federal budget
Immigration
Campaign finance
Social security
Support for our military

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home