Monday, September 03, 2007

I'll Have a Screwdriver -- Hold the Orange Juice

Back in the lead up to the 2000 election, I have to admit that I practically gloated at the dim prospects of the Democrats. The President was popular and the economy was in good shape, but I was strongly of the belief that President Clinton had built much of his favor at the expense of his party (they had lost control of Congress and numerous governorships and state legislatures).

The tables have turned. The portion of the above description about a popular President doesn't apply, but the loss of favor due to short-sighted leadership, both presidential and congressional, certainly does.

Robert Novak's column today aptly gives a synopsis of recent occurrences that reinforce the depression that Republicans feel over Republican leadership. I have written in the past that my whole life doesn't revolve around politics, and it is a good thing. It is also a good thing that I don't drink. Not so far, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home