Monday, August 27, 2007

When Looking for Love

Ilya Somin has an interesting discussion of the question of whether it is "wrong" to date across ideological lines. My own opinions more or less cohere with the viewpoints expressed in that post.

Of course, with regard to my dating, some unkind person could suggest that beggars must not be choosers, so such litmus tests should be avoided if at all possible. Seriously, though, both with regard to platonic friendships and romantic ones, I enjoy the company of people who are able to discuss and debate both passionately and amicably with other of varying viewpoints. I guess I value intelligence and open mindedness more than a particular set of viewpoints. One's intelligence need not even include political interests as long as there is something in common to discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home