Sunday, April 01, 2007

Rumors Greatly Exaggerated

I had forgotten what day of the year this is, but that did not stop a person from using my name as a part of an April Fool's gag. A woman with whom I have had some acquaintance recently called me this morning to say that her mother had e-mailed several family members to inform them that her daughter (the one who called me) had been given an engagement ring by me the previous night.

The woman in question is attractive, successful, and interesting, so the idea that she would be wearing my ring was obviously a gag.

The Oracle remains blissfully uncommitted, though ongoing work-related stress may yet require me to be committed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home