Saturday, September 23, 2006

Embarrassing Baseball

The Oracle's beloved Cincinnati Reds have fallen out of playoff contention and are just playing out the string, but one still expects them to play with some professional pride. Tonight they have committed five errors through four innings, and a runner just got picked off, having evidently fallen asleep off of second base.

I had actually thought about driving up for this game, since I have only seen them twice this year, and this weekend is the last home series of the season. I am now glad I did not.

The minimum salary in Major League Baseball is around $300,000/year. If the Reds would like to pay someone a prorated portion of that salary to go out and embarrass themselves for a week, I would volunteer for the task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home