Saturday, August 05, 2006

Not a School Supply

Last evening, I compulsively ventured out to the mall for the purpose of making one small purchase, thinking that I might save a buck due to the much ballyhooed Tennessee sales tax holiday. Alas! I learned that my type of item was not on the list: books. Not even literature!

One must give credit to the realism of our legislators. They don't suffer the delusion or the expectation that Tennessee students would have need actually to read anything in furtherance of their educations.

Enduring the hardship, I, nevertheless, made my purchase and am now reading a work that I have somehow avoided up until now, though I have occasionally made reference to it when discussing people on obsessive, self-destructive quests.

"Call me Ishmael...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home