Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Anonymous Responsibility

As an anonymous blogger, I feel a personal responsibility to make a good faith effort to write for public consumption in an ethical manner, which means not writing in a way that would secretly further personal economic interests or pursue personal vendettas. The things I write about have to do with political and social interests and have virtually no relationship to my means of making a living. In fact, one of my reasons for doing this is to have an opportunity to write about things other than what I deal with at work.

As Gene Patterson, a blogger at WATE television, shows, there can be a thin line between an anonymous critic and a cheap shot artist. Those who cross the line egregiously deserve to be called on it.

Hat Tip: Knox Views

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home